It doesn’t take the average beauty hunter long to work out that when it comes to good skin, vitamin C can deliver:
- Ascorbic Acid is a cofactor required for the function of several hydroxylases and monooxygenases.
- Vitamin C is not synthesised in humans and has to be provided by diet.
- The word “Ascorbus’ means no scurvy.
- Topical application of Vitamin C has been found to positively impact collagen synthesis.
- Study participants with a diet low in vitamin C reported the largest change in collagen function via topical application. This was because those eating vitamin C were already able to produce collagen at an optimal level for their age and skin type.
- Ascorbic Acid is the vitamin C of choice for the skin but it is highly unstable. The phosphate and Glucoside form of the vitamin work via slightly different pathways but give similar collagen boosting…
Ursprünglichen Post anzeigen 1.998 weitere Wörter